Does your skin care routine need actives?
Have you ever wondered why Korean skincare is so highly rated? Korean skincare is globally renowned for being the best skincare there is. The reason for this is the combination they achieve using scientific and natural products in their routines. They have always found new and innovative ways to produce the best skincare products as there is a lot of demand for skincare products in their local markets. One example of scientific products is the use of actives in skincare routines.
Actives are the scientifically produced skincare products that the Koreans include in their routine. It is the group of skincare products that the producers develop in a lab. These products have the scientific capability to change your skin structure on a cellular level. While the other products like cleansers and moisturizers work only on an external level, the actives work internally. As a result, you will have better skin for longer. It doesn’t just improve the external appearance of your skin but also the overall structure of it.
Every active product aims at a particular problem and aims to eradicate it. Most commonly, you find actives targetting exfoliation, hyperpigmentation, acne, and cell renewal. Because of this, your body can fight the issues from within and solve the problem. The basic products cover up the problems whereas actives will ensure you solve it.
If you want a holistic solution to your skin problems then, I would suggest you include actives in your skincare routine. They help solve issues that regular products cannot. They will also ensure long-lasting effects. Some of the most common actives and their functions are listed for you.
Different Active in Korean Skincare routine
1. Vitamin C Serum: Serum is a liquid-based active. As the name suggests, the active ingredient in this is Vitamin C. Koreans use this to exfoliate and lighten acne scars. It also gives even-toned skin color. Check Klairs Vitamin C Serum to remove hyperpigmentaion!!.
2. BHA based products: BHA stands for Beta-Hydroxy Acid. It is also called Salicylic acid. The main power of BHAs is that they cleanse the skin on a cellular level. They are known to dislodge deep-rooted dirt on the skin. As a result, you will get tighter pores and lesser blackheads. Use Cosrx AHA/BHA Clearifying treatment toner for best results.
3. AHA: AHA stands for Alpha-Hydroxy acid. It is also known as Glycolic acid. If your skincare product contains this active, it is there to induce collagen production. This reduces hyperpigmentation and acne. Cosrx AHA 7 whitehead Power Liquid is the best essence for sensitive skin.
4. Zinc Oxide: You will find sun-screen with Zinc oxide in it. The reason behind this is that Zinc Oxide is the best sun blocker out there. It blocks 100% of UVB rays and 90% of the UVA rays.
5. Mandelic Acid: This active is a life-saver for those who want to prevent aging skin. You can find mandelic acid most commonly in serums. The reason this is most famous for anti-aging is that mandelic acid accelerates the growth of new skin cells.
6. Benzoyl Peroxide: This active is the solution to oily skin. It is concerned with killing bacteria and reducing oil production. As a result, you will have better skin plus reduced acne.
These are a few of the famous actives that you will find in Korean skincare products. Actives play a huge role in the overall health of your skin. Therefore if you are looking for an answer then I would suggest you include the actives listed above in your routine.
Want to read more about exfoliants?? Read Here