Sheet Mask is making its place in the skincare industry very effectively and at a rapid pace. They save time and cost. It is a hassle free way to care for your skin and does not have multi step procedure to do things. If you are still unaware with this magical sheet, here is a tour for you!
About Sheet Mask
It is a face-shaped sheet fabric soaked in nutrition-packed solution called serum. These sheet masks are different from facial masks (paste type) that you only need to apply, take off or pat in extra serum instead of washing the paste after applying and putting on other skincare products. One can use a sheet mask and each one of them is separately packaged. Materials like microfibers or cellulose are used in making the sheet mask.
The concept of sheet mask comes from South Korea (not north, mind it!). South Koreans are always ardently dedicate themselves to skincare and cosmetics. Now they are widely popular in whole of Asia, thereby, changing beauty industry real time.
How it Works
Using a sheet mask is the easiest of all the skincare processes one has ever seen. It is easy to apply, easy to remove, doesn’t get dry; overall it is the best way to nourish the skin in times like today when everyone is so busy. All one does is put it on the face after a face-wash, waits for some 15-20 minute and then removes it. Do not wash the face again. Skin then absorbs the remaining serum.
One can use sheet masks can as often as every day. Experts recommend to use it three times a week, but again, your skin your rules! Their water form of serum makes the sheet masks more effective when compared to traditional serum based methods of skincare.
Benefits of Sheet Masks
• They hydrate the skin. As discussed above, water based serums soak them, so the skin does not dry up so easily. The serums also don’t evaporate this way. Like the other face masks, that dry up after some time, they don’t, making it easy for the skin to absorb the serums and deep penetration in the skin also becomes possible.
• They are inexpensive. As compared to other skincare solutions like spa and clumsy face masks. Though the cost of a sheet mask depends on how much one is willing to spend on it, they are very pocket friendly if one is not willing to spend on high end skincare and cosmetics.
• They do not hinder other works. Wear the mask, forget it, and resume the work. One doesn’t need to wait for the paste to dry up and then to remove it before it dries too much. Sheet masks are a serious hassle free process and even a novice can use them. One doesn’t need to learn any art to get it right.
• They are very sanitary. Sheet masks make no mess. They do not leave dirty hands, and no washing the face after taking the mask off.
• Glowing skin. There is an instant glow on the skin after removing the mask, so they are a very good option if one couldn’t fix an appointment in parlour for the grand function.
So sheet masks may not completely replace the traditional masking techniques, but they are however better and more suitable in today’s busy schedule where every second counts and every penny saved matters. If you haven’t tried a sheet mask as yet, subscribe to our SiN boxes and feel the difference, instantly.